Multipharma is a premium distributor of pharmaceutical and para-pharmaceutical products in Belgium, with a strong focus on customer service and advice. The company’s historical backbone is a network of today over 270 pharmacies in the Belgian market. Recently, the online e-commerce channel has been added to the retail mix.
Galvanized by the high sales ambitions for 2019 and low Q1 results, they contacted us to tackle several challenges:
- To increase the e-commerce revenue growth
- To install best-in-class customer acquisition funnels and boost conversion rates.
- To accelerate digital maturity in order to determine the key tactics for success and identify the opportunity gaps.
- To support the digital gap and to transfer knowledge to the current team for similar approaches in future.
Bridging the knowing-doing gap
To make a success of this Growth Marketing project, we applied our 5-step approach:
- Quick analysis
- We into the (competition benchmark) and current .
- We built a to determine the potential of different scenarios
- Ideate & prioritize
- We to discuss
- On that basis, we co-created a long-list
which is constantly being added to.
- Test preparation
- We and .
to get the experiments up and running.
- Killing/Scaling rounds
- We in (bi-)weekly sprintson a continuous basis and
- We with the , and in order to transfer this knowledge to Multipharma team
The success of this project lies in the composition of the team: Marketing architects from The House of Marketing, and Digital Growth experts from Upthrust. While THoMers have an holistic view on growth and help with challenging the business cases per scenario, Upthrusters focus on defining growth strategies and making execution successful thanks to a deep Growth Marketing expertise. By drawing on these complimentary profiles and skills, we tackled this joined project via various angles and achieved relevant business growth.
Leaving our fingerprint behind
- We launched
and tested as much as possible.
- For the we set up . And for the we set up . Several channels were used: AdWords, Email, Facebook, Google Shopping and Smart Shopping.
- We from 43.2K in June to 111.2 K in September from 922 to 2,376
Insights and learnings from the project
- Definition of your OMTM (One matric that matters), the key to a successful experiment. Start off by getting a good grasp of both company and customer value creation. Then, don’t forget to balance acquisition & retention. And, last but not least, make it simple and memorable. If you want to assess different services/products, you need to define an OMTM for each of them.
- The big campaign idea doesn’t exist. Test as many experiments as possible, you can truly know whether something works or not by experimenting with it.
- Install a rapid experimentation mindset in your team. These growth experiments are minimum viable tests that you set up to define the growth lever(s) on which you can build your growth.
- Don’t get emotional, only take number-based decisions instead of going by your gut feeling.
Want to know more about Growth Marketing?