The House of Marketing created the Festival Marketing Survey: a short and fun survey about the sponsoring of Belgian music festivals, the profile of the typical festival visitor and the most impactful activations to get in touch with the festival visitors.
No endless analysis but a clear infographic reveals all the results and gives you more time to eat, sleep, rave, repeat on the festival grounds!
If you do want the key highlights:
- The majority of marketers hardly sponsors festivals.
- Festival sponsoring is considered as a powerful communication tool (73%), but marketers debate about whether or not festival sponsoring generates competitive advantage (50%).
- 80% find it difficult to measure the Return On Investment of festival sponsoring.
- The typical festival visitor is a male hipster between 18 and 24 years old who is a budget conscious and ethically responsible music and beer lover and visits on average 2 times per year a festival.
- Free gadgets and festival services like battery chargers have the most impact (78%).
- Nice to know: Marketers prefer Rock Werchter over Tomorrowland!